Violinists and violists interested in studying with Dr. Nardolillo should contact her by e-mail.
- Dr. Nardolillo taught me how to do things well by mindfully monitoring every bit of effort put towards a goal; critically assessing my own progress; and maximizing efficiency through careful analyses-- she and I happened to both be holding violins in our hands, but she could probably have taught a monkey to do origami if she was ever so inclined.
- Dr. Nardolillo really prepared me for my college auditions in a way that no one else could. She was always so encouraging, and I firmly believe I would not be where I am today without her guidance.
- Dr. Nardolillo challenged me to reach goals I never thought I was able to accomplish. She provided excellent leadership as I faced graduate auditions. Today I find myself passing on her practice tricks and techniques to my current students.
- Having Jo as a teacher taught me to play with my heart and not just my head.
- Jo has re-engergized my passion and optimism in learning violin technique. I've never experienced a better teacher and coach in this, or any other discipline.
- Jo used the violin as a medium for teaching me fundamental principles of wisdom and virtue. Helped me to feel comfortable with the idea of integrating classical technique with modern style. Taught me that self discipline is the gateway to true independence.
- Jo's studio was one of my favorite experiences at the University where she taught me. Every studio class, whether I was playing in front of a crowd or actively listening and commenting on my classmates work, I advanced a notch in the violin world. Her teaching was valuable not only to advance my violin playing, but also to change my way of thinking in all aspects of my life. Now, I never say ‘I really liked the way you did this, BUT…’ I always say AND… Best advice ever!
- Jo is a fantastic teacher! She makes lessons really fun and motives you to practice. Jo is an amazing soloist and I was always in awe from her musicality and presence on stage!!